Thursday, October 21, 2010

twenty three.

The nothing birthday is fast approaching. A birthday which earns me no novel privileges. However, these days its looking like I'll feel pretty happy to be alive.
I have a gallery show coming up, which has been so widely popular that there are two openings scheduled.
So far the gifts have been pretty freakin awesome. My friend JJ bought me an apron designed by the lovely Jeph Jaques from his comic "Questionable Content." Perhaps I will take a picture of it at some point. ANNND my lovely friend Dawn took me to see Me First and The Gimme Gimmes at the Paradise, which was an incredible show. I also got to chill with my best guys earlier this week, which was a gift unto itself. Not to mention that when the evening came to a close (12:30 or so), I somehow managed to make it back to Somerville around 1:30, though the T is supposed to make its last stop at 12:50.

Anyhow, here are some...
Memorable moments:
Tom: (sam aka "Sudspuss" enters the bar) "Woooaah, it just got all sudsy in here!"
...
Tom: "I'm thinkin' that its about time to bring back the mohawk. I just need someone to do it for me, because I know I'll fuck it up."
Me: "I'll do it!"
Matt: "Ennhh, I dunno. She takes off little too much."
John: "Was that a SCALPING joke?"

The Teenagebottlerockets: "Do people in Boston like pizza? (crowd cheers) RIGHT ON! This songs about BURRITOS!"
...
"DO YOU GUYS LIKE CHESS!"

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Spike Slawson: "Boston, where there are SO many douchebags, but no clean vaginas!"
...
Joey Cape: (after fans keep throwing cigarettes at him) "Man, Boston really wants me to keep smoking."
Fat Mike: (cheers) "Here we go, Cancer, Here we go!"
Spike Slawson: "You know, rhythm is a cancer..."

No comments: