Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Luke, at that speed do you think you'll be able to pull out in time?

Today was a truly wonderful day. You may ask "Why was your day so particularly wonderful, Felisia? We want to know of your entertaining life."
Actually you probably wouldn't ask that... but if you did, I would reply,
Reasons that my day was awesome
#1) I popped the Star Wars cherry of my best female friend, Tricia.
A couple of weeks ago she told me that she had never seen the original Star Wars Trilogy, which of course caused me to flip out a bit. Since then, I have been ranting and raving about it, making fun of the fact that she doesn't understand when someone says "IT'S A TRAP," doesn't get it when I make a Wookie noise, and just gets freaked out when I laugh like Salacious Crumb (yes, I have perfected it since childhood).
As we watched Episode IV today, I felt such a sense of satisfaction. I was sharing one of my greatest passions with one of my closest friends. When Luke made his "one in a million" shot into the exhaust port of the Death Star, I heard Tricia gasp and witnessed a smile cross her face. In that moment, I remembered fondly the experience of watching Star Wars for the first time with my parents. It was a wonderful feeling.

#2) Two words. Bizzy Bone.
There is an AMAZING little deli/convenience store in Roxbury called Wan's. If you ever have the good fortune of finding it, go in and ask Al to make you a Bizzy Bone sandwich. It is by far the best thing I've ever freaking tasted... damn now I want another one.

#3) Free ice cream day at JP Licks. I don't really need to say more than this.

#4) I have a good buffer of comics that I'm finally planning on scanning and then putting up here. I'm not really expecting anyone to look at them, but just the fact that they're out in the world makes me feel as though I've accomplished something, however small that something is.

There... now maybe my single reader will be sated.
Hoorah.

Felisia